About Fastrack Technology
We believe complex technology problems can be solved faster than ever before - if you have the right team by your side. Our mission is to accelerate adoption of enterprise-grade datacenter, connectivity, and collaboration services across the globe.
We are rapidly growing and pride ourselves on having a great organizational culture. Building this culture involves hiring the best people. If this sounds like the type of environment for you, read on.
We are looking for a Sydney-based Jr. Systems Engineer to join our growing Datacenter and Infrastructure team, responsible for operational and deployment service excellence for our datacenter and infrastructure services. This candidate would be working alongside team members based in the US, Australia, and India.
- 1-2+ years systems engineering experience, or advanced technical support experience
- Basic understanding of Hyper-V and or VMware virtualization
- Expertise with Microsoft server solutions
- Basic datacenter project experience (e.g. Deployment, migration, expansion, decommission)
- Experience in updating and maintaining technical and procedural documentation and creating standards of practice
- Basic understanding and application of PowerShell scripting
- Operational experience with backup, monitoring and inventory management tools and applications
- Valid AU government passport
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to support new deployments and customer sites
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Nice to have skills
Nice to have skills
- Public cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Veeam backup and replication
Any industry-relevant certifications are a plus.
The roleYour day-to-day responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring system health and uptime in accordance with our SLA
- Completing operational tasks and administering systems
- Handling operational incidents and service requests
- OS and firmware maintenance and patching
- Building servers and deploying operating systems
- Visiting datacenters and customers to perform onsite tasks
- First pass problem solving, root cause analysis, performance analysis, predictive diagnosis, health check and operational readiness, escalating as needed.
- Instigating and orchestrating changes to infrastructure and systems
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting infrastructure and systems
- Updating processes and procedures for best practices in accordance with industry standards and company values
- Updating technical documentation for infrastructure systems
Nature of travel
Travel to datacenter locations for deployment or required maintenance tasks.