ABOUT FASTRACK TECHNOLOGY
At Fastrack Technology, we believe you should expect an awesome technology experience whenever you come to work - so for the past decade, we’ve made it our mission to create digital workplaces that inspire collaboration and productivity - wherever you are.
We are rapidly growing and pride ourselves on having a great organisational culture. Building this culture involves hiring the best people.
As a Network Security Engineer, you will provide overall enterprise-level security based infrastructure systems planning, operations and maintenance, and management across multiple sites across the globe.
- Good understanding of Firewall (at least any two Cisco ASA/Palo Alto/FortiGate etc.) and experience in handling security concepts (Rule ADD/ Modify Delete, Nat, Faulty Firewall replacement, High Availability setup, packet capture, log analysis, etc.) using CMD line and CSM/Smart console, etc.
- Troubleshoot and fix high-priority issues related to Firewall, Load balancer, IPS/IDS & Proxy. Troubleshoot LAN, WAN, WLAN issues is added advantage
- Work with the HW Vendors/TAC for the SW/HW-related issues and provide the fix.
- Troubleshoot Site to Site VPN (IPSEC/ GETVPN/ GRE/MGRE), Proxy related issues (In-house/Cloud Hosting) & End user remote access VPN issues.
- Involvement in change management process for HW replacement/ IOS upgrade/ Config change/ BW upgrade/ Whitelisting or Blacklist URLs & FW Rule addition etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request, and Configuration Management Processes
- Monitor the queue and maintain regular updates on the Tickets as per the agreed timeline, providing a detailed closure summary on the tickets. Detailed Root cause summary to be documented for the Problem tickets. Document Pre & Post implementation logs & Script for change. Network Diagram updates.
- Working on the assigned tickets within the agreed Timeline/SLA as per the Ticket Priority/Severity and Adhere to the ITIL process with zero non-compliance.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, Firewalls, and other hardware.
- Design, implement, and support firewalls, site-to-site VPNs, and remote-access VPNs Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking and Security industries.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Configure networks and Security components to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end-user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Perform server and security audits, system backups, and recovery
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Five to Seven years’ experience designing, implementing, managing, and supporting enterprise-level Firewalls in IP networks that include support of a heterogeneous Network and computing environment required.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, SDWAN and WLAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Expert knowledge of core routing and switching design principles, best practices, and related technologies.
- Experience in implementing and managing voice over IP (VoIP) systems desired.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including routers, switches (layer 2/3), firewalls, remote access, DNS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VLAN, QoS, DSL, and Metro Ethernet.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive application support experience with network monitoring and analysis software,
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Should be open to support different time zones including US and Australia Business hours.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking and Firewall issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.