ABOUT FASTRACK TECHNOLOGY
We believe complex technology problems can be solved faster than ever before - if you have the right team by your side. Our mission is to accelerate adoption of enterprise-grade datacenter, connectivity, and collaboration services across the globe.
We are rapidly growing and pride ourselves on having a great organizational culture. Building this culture involves hiring the best people. If this sounds like the type of environment for you, read on.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for design, implementation, and continuous improvement of automated CI/CD infrastructure
- Displays technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions
- Responsible for designing topology to meet requirements for uptime, availability, scalability, robustness, fault tolerance security
- Implement proactive measures for automated detection and resolution of recurring operational issues
- Lead operational support team to manage incidents, document root causes and tracking preventive measures
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously validating/fixing vulnerability assessment reports and risk management
- Responsible for the design and development of tools, installation procedures
- Develops and maintains accurate estimates, timelines, project plans, and status reports
- Organize and maintain packaging and deployment of various internal modules and third-party vendor libraries
- Responsible for the employment, timely performance evaluation, counselling, employee development, and discipline of assigned employees.
- Participates in calls and meetings with customers, vendors, and internal teams on regular basis.
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
What will you do
- Lead a team of development and quality engineers to implement consistent software development lifecycle processes and drive results. Mentor developers to enhance the team’s technical proficiencies and maintain the highest level of engineering standards.
- Develop a progressive engineering culture that fosters creativity, collaboration and continuous learning/growth mindset. Champion agile and lean principles promoting ownership and alignment to company goals.
- Work with product management, platform architecture and other engineering managers to deliver on the requirements and strategy for the next-level of our services.
- Implement an API-first architecture to enhance our platform-driven extensibility to meet growing, global enterprise customer needs with new emerging technologies.
- Deliver features at a rapid cadence, while maintaining the ability to quickly rollback or remediate releases to ensure highest availability for customers.
- Provide roadmap and customer success operational updates using actionable software engineering metrics (quality, velocity) to highlight execution progress and impediments.
- Enable service operational aspects with Site Reliability Engineering teams to ensure scalability, performance, resiliency, availability, and maintainability; to ensure the best customer experience as well as employee quality of life.
- Represent our company culture of transparency, trust, collaboration, and empowerment of the team and individual.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE:
- Passionate about integration and platforms with a strong desire for innovation.
- 10+ years in software development, with experience developing and maintaining large-scale cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions and managing developers.
- 3+ year’s experience in People management with team size greater than 4 team members: Hiring, performance management, mentoring
- Someone who started their career as a software developer and grew into a leadership role.
- Experience providing credible hands-on management to highly qualified Java and quality engineers. Unafraid to try new technologies and engage in complex technical discussions.
- Must excel with agile and lean development practices and be able to manage multiple priorities and manage time spent in multiple roles.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD, and DevOps principles. The ability for delivering business value iteratively to customers in a continuous fashion.
- Great written and verbal communication skills, including one on ones within the team, and asynchronous communication with other teams.
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience Developing SaaS Applications.
- Certified scrum master or significant experience using scrum or other agile practices.
- Experience developing low-code technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with highly scalable, high throughput web applications and backend systems
- Knowledge of database technologies such as MySQL & Laravel
- Experience with DevOps toolchains such as Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, Bitbucket
- Ability to learn/use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Sound understanding of cloud technologies preferably AWS technologies, including ECS, RDS, and supporting services such as CloudWatch
- Linux, Windows, Scripting, Configuration Management, Build and Release Engineering
- 6 years of experience in DevOps practices, with a good understanding of DevOps and Agile principles
- Ability to use Azure DevOps for ongoing Sprint, Repo, and CI/CD Management
- Experience with standard continuous integration tools Jenkins/Bitbucket PipelinesMicrosoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook) and other business productivity tools